Workshop 1: Pavement Distress Survey
MTC’s 7 distress protocol (modified ASTM D6433) has split Weathering and Raveling into individual weathering and raveling distresses. We will be discussing the impacts of the changes, how to identify the two distresses, and what you should expect to see going forward.
• Identify eight pavement distresses collected/entered into the MTC StreetSaver® (Raveling & Weathering separately)
• Identify inspection units used for pavement inspections
• Learn techniques to ensure quality inspections of pavements
• Perform actual surveys of an AC pavement section
• Calculate the PCI for an inspection unit
You may purchase AC and PCC distress manuals in eBook format here